Dominican University New York is currently seeking a dynamic, goal-oriented Associate Director of Student Financial Services. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Student Financial Services, the Associate Director of Student Financial Services manages and oversees the activities of the Student Financial Services Office and is responsible for all billing receivables, including the computer interface between the student billing, accounts receivable system and financial aid. The Associate Director of Student Financial Services assists in developing procedures and internal controls to ensure that the University is in compliance with all federal, state and institutional regulations and policies with regard to financial aid disbursement and student loans. Also, counsels and advises students on the tuition and fee payment process.
Dominican University New York is located in Rockland County, 20 miles north of New York City and is a private, not-for-profit institution. Our heritage stresses the humanistic value of a Liberal Arts education, a commitment to social justice, and a strong belief in the need for integrity and community engagement, all in the service of preparing students to reach their potential as responsible citizens who enrich the world in which we live.
Bachelor’s degree in related field. Excellent computer skills, a strong experience in either financial aid or student accounts; experience with integrated LMS and/or financial aid packaging systems; demonstrated supervisory and team-building skills; strong analytical and problem-solving ability. Experience with Jenzabar and PowerFAIDS preferred. Bilingual is a plus.
The Associate Director will oversee all Student Financial Services daily operations and ensure compliance with all federal, state and institutional regulations and policies, including but not limited to Title IV, New York TAP and other sources of aid.
- Ensure focus on maintaining and continuously improving outstanding customer service to our students. This includes that the financial aid and student accounts daily operations are provided cross-functional training for all (regular supervision, training, work assignments, work schedules and professional development by creating and maintaining office operation policy and procedures).
- Manage the operations of student account processes including but not limited to timely and accurate billing, grants and scholarships, finance charges, payment plans, refunds, check payment posting, electronic data transfers to and from third parties and other departments, accuracy of the student accounting database, accounts reconciliation, and compliance with government regulations.
- Produce accurate data reports and analysis, update the Student Financial Services information system, charging table and billing periods.
- Ensure the timely billing of student registration for all delivery systems.
- Ensure accuracy and regularly update all publications such as websites, catalogs and communications.
- Counsel parents, guardians, and students regarding financial aid, payment options and plans with authority to negotiate special arrangements and resolve problems and questions regarding finances when necessary.
- Oversee the tuition payment plans, implement collection policies, interact with external collections agencies, project cash inflow from the collections of receivables and contact and initiate the settling of student account balances in escalated or special situations.
- Compile data and produce IRS forms 1098-T Tuition statements.
- Oversee the Student Financial Services role in managing all scholarships in partnership with Institutional Advancement, Fiscal Affairs and other departments. Regularly work with all related offices to coordinate data and process flows and support the Director in periodic reviews of internal controls to determine operation efficiencies.
- Interact with internal and external auditors and participate in audits as necessary.
- Participate in ongoing review of software issues to identify and implement solutions.
- Participate in the hiring process and train and instruct staff members on an ongoing basis.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: $70,000 – $85,000
Dominican University New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to excellence through equity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from members of historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected category in accordance with applicable law.