- Offices, residence centers, and dining halls will be open
- Classes will be delivered through mixed modes, including face-to face, hybrid and fully online to allow for the live streaming of courses
- Physical distancing will be enforced in classrooms and throughout campus.
- Face masks or face coverings are required in public spaces
- Students, faculty, and staff must complete an online screening questionnaire every day
Informed by our mission, vision, and our Dominican heritage, the College's plan to reopen campus is guided by the following principles:
- Dominican University will fulfill its mission and meet its standard of excellence
- The health and safety of our college community are paramount. Protecting our students, faculty, and staff is the starting point for each decision
- We will be flexible and innovative in the face of evolving circumstances
- We will heed our responsibility to ensure the College’s financial strength and stability
For Your Health and Safety
Our Plan for 2021
While the campus may look and feel different, we are the same Dominican Chargers making a Dominican Difference.
Explore the links below to find details about specific ways we are adapting to meet current challenges while staying true to the Dominican University experience.
You can also download the plan we submitted to New York State by clicking here.
About this Plan
Dominican University continues to actively monitor the incidence of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in our region. The College is following guidance from local health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding large gatherings, including CDC recommendations on preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Our reopening plan was developed in close partnership with local health officials and is consistent with guidelines promulgated in Governor Andrew Cuomo’s NY Forward-A Guide to Reopening New York & Building Back Better. In developing this plan, the College has received guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the Rockland County Department of Health. We are following all applicable executive orders and ordinances.
The College continues to monitor closely the evolving understanding of COVID-19 by health and medical experts and will adapt its policies and procedures as appropriate as new information becomes available.