Orientation Leader Job Description
Orientation Leaders welcome and assist Dominican University incoming students and their families during the Freshman Orientation program. OLs represent the student body and actively ensure that all participants have the most positive experience possible. We seek enthusiastic, outgoing, and knowledgeable individuals who understand what it means to “Live A Charger Life” and strive to represent the absolute best Dominican University has to offer. In all activities, the OL recognizes that service to students and families is a top priority.
OLs serve as role models and conduct themselves as such. OLs facilitate groups of 15-25 new students per orientation session. Responsibilities include.
• Lead an orientation group; motivate and assist these students with regards to orientation sessions, activities, and meals.
• Be punctual, reliable, and conscientious in the performance of all responsibilities.
• Attend all training and orientation sessions.
• Prepare orientation materials (stuff folders, make name tags, etc.) and assist with orientation logistics.
• Acquaint new students and parents with campus services, activities, and building locations.
• Answer questions about the university to the best of your abilities.
• Facilitate ice breaker and team building activities with new students.
• Serve as a positive role model.
• All other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates must:
• Be a full-time Dominican University student.
• Be in good academic and disciplinary standing (2.25 cumulative GPA required).
• Possess a positive attitude, high energy level, knowledge of and enthusiasm for Dominican University.
• Have the ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
• Exhibit a professional attitude and positive work ethic.
• Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Be able to work well within a team and take initiative when necessary.
• Have the ability to problem solve and manage conflict.
Mandatory Job Requirements
If you are selected to serve as an Orientation Leader, you MUST commit to the following:
• Attend OL Orientation on Thursday, May 5 at 3 p.m.
• Participate in all Orientation Leader trainings (Dates TBD)
• Be available to work ALL Freshman Orientation sessions in August (August 23-27).
• Assist with facilitation of one Welcome Week program, to be delegated.
Orientation Leader Application
Due Date: Wednesday, April 27