The Class Gift Program
The Senior Class gift has become a tradition at Dominican University since 1995. Each year our Senior Class develops the idea of what to give back to the College as a thank you for their four years. In addition to the idea, the Senior Class fundraises the necessary funds to purchase the gift. This gift through fundraising, is the Senior’s first opportunity to give back and helps provide an understanding of how important they are to the College as alumni in the years to come.
Each Senior Class wants to leave their legacy by leaving a gift that has a meaning for the Senior Class and one that can be readily tied to that Senior Class. It has become an event for the College where the gift is unveiled the day before graduation on Baccalaureate night. This year’s gift according to Danielle, a member of our Senior Class Gift Committee, “has to be the biggest and best ever because we want them to remember the class of ‘17”, which is why the committee has chosen to start the Senior Class Scholarship (SCS).
The Scholarship will be awarded to two seniors in the Fall semester. This class is determined to make this year’s gift back to the College a memorable one and why we’re reaching out to you to join us with your donation. We can’t leave our legacy without the assistance of the entire Senior Class, parents and friends throughout the community.
Be part of the 2017 Senior Class legacy. Know that your gift will enable us to begin the Senior Class Scholarship and provide assistance to future senior for years to come. The more we can raise towards the Scholarship, permits the College to expand the Scholarship to more Seniors in the coming years. Please, be part of the new tradition here at the College and become part of the Senior Class Scholarship with your gift today.
Thank you for your gift.
-2017 Senior Class Gift Committee
Here are a few of our top reasons to give:
- Leave a legacy! Whether you’re a Senior, Parent or Friend you can be part of the 2017 Senior Class Legacy.
- The Senior Class Gift is a tradition at Dominican University.
- You loved your time here at Dominican University—make sure future Chargers have the same opportunity.
- Parent and Friends, Dominican University has been our second home and our family for our time here.
- We have benefited from the generosity of many Dominican University donors, amazing professors and staff—now it’s 2017’s time to pay it forward.
- Help boost Dominican University’s national ranking and the value of our degree. Senior giving counts towards Annual Fund.
- Help ensure future classes benefit from a Dominican University education and tradition.
- It’s just so easy to make a pledge!!
Dominican University is working hard to attract the best and the brightest faculty and students, and to provide them with modern facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. As these expenses cannot all be covered by tuition alone, support from alumni and friends is so vital and so appreciated.
Thanks to the generous support and active involvement of many alumni and friends, great things have been achieved. Unrestricted annual gifts to the Dominican University Annual Fund have given the College the freedom and flexibility to respond to new ideas and to seize new opportunities. Together, we can care for the future of Dominican University.
Contributions of any size not only support the College’s students, faculty and programs, but also demonstrate a vote of confidence in Dominican University. On behalf of the faculty, staff, students and alumni, we say thank you.