Adjunct Occupational Therapy Faculty
Dominican University located in Rockland County, 20 miles north of New York City, invites applications for dynamic Adjunct Occupational Therapy Faculty beginning January 2016. The Graduate Occupational Therapy Program is a non-traditional, Master’s Entry-level program that awards graduates a BS/MS degree. The program also includes a pathway for COTAs to become an OTR. Classes are conducted on-campus six weekends each trimester, approximately every 2-3 weekends, with frequent contact between the students and faculty via electronic methods in between the weekend classes.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION:
- An earned Master’s Degree (in Occupational Therapy or a related field) awarded by an institution accredited by a United States Department of Education (USDE) recognized national and/or regional accrediting body. Must have an entry-level Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy if Master’s Degree is not in Occupational Therapy.
- An earned doctorate (Ph.D., Ed.D., OTD, or equivalent in a related field) awarded by an institution accredited by a United States Department of Education (USDE) recognized national and/or regional accrediting body. Must have an entry-level Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Evidence of scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, scholarship of practice or engagement, scholarship of teaching and learning, scholarship of discovery).
- Certifications/Licensure: Certification as an occupational therapist by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy and eligibility for licensure in the state of New York. Must have state license by the start of employment. Must remain actively licensed throughout employment at the University.
- General Requirements: Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including a track record of dependability, punctuality, and meeting deadlines; excellent oral and written communications skills; knowledge of MS Office applications; familiarity with Blackboard or other Learning Management System.
TYPE AND LENGTH OF EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of full-time Occupational Therapy practice experience, including:
- Full-time clinical practice as an occupational therapist utilizing current assessment and intervention methods in the assigned curriculum area (childhood, adolescence, adulthood, maturity, theoretical foundations, practice skill basics, advanced practice areas, physical/orthopedic/neurological populations, psychosocial conditions, etc.);
- Demonstrated record of continued professional development, professional service, scholarship, and interprofessional collaboration; and,
- At least two years of successful experience as an adjunct faculty member or lecturer in post-secondary education teaching in an area of clinical/content expertise is preferred.
Dominican University is a community built on mutual respect and personal attention. Rooted in the Dominican heritage and the values of compassion and understanding, this culture is expressed daily through the interactions of students, faculty, staff and administrators as they embrace diversity and affirm the potential of the individual and foster a platform for student success.
Qualified candidates may forward letter of application, vita and three letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is open until filled.