Dominican University invites applications for the position of Director of Community Engagement and Leadership Development. This position provides strategic direction and tactical implementation of student-centered initiatives to build educational excellence, leadership capacity and good citizenship. Develops campus and community partnerships to provide opportunities for growth and transformation in activities which complement classroom exercises and target contemporary social issues. In conjunction with the Director of Campus Ministry, assists student in their faith exploration in the context of social teaching and action.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred. Minimum of 3 years experience leading service learning initiatives and experience in program coordination in a faith-based institution. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, ability to determine goals and set priorities, detail oriented individual who is highly organized and demonstrates initiative, ability to manage diverse tasks concurrently and must possess strong technology capability.
- Develop, implement and coordinate outreach opportunities. Recruit and train student leaders and faculty/staff participants, identifies social justice issues, and prepare participants with introduction to Catholic Social Teaching
- Develop, coordinate, and implement both domestic and international immersion experiences. Recruit and train student leaders and faculty/staff participants, identify social justice issues, and prepare participants with introduction to Catholic Social Teaching, re-orients students upon return.
- Facilitate leadership training with student leaders.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement structured leadership programs for various interest groups (Freshmen LEAD, SophoMORE LEAD, Charger Leadership Institute).
- Serves as central campus resource for service opportunities maintaining database, tracking volunteers, developing sites.
- Provide support for all Campus Ministry initiatives and programs.
- Support students as agents of change within the college community.
- Develop reflection tools on social justice.
- Develop and maintain printed and web resources, for recruiting purposes and training purposes (outreach opportunities, volunteer guidelines, site information, etc.)
- Promote post-graduate service opportunities (Dominican Volunteers, Jesuit Volunteer Corps, Franciscan Volunteers, etc.), and serve as resource.
- Plan and coordinate retreats and other on-campus programs that enhance student commitment to Dominican University (campus clean-ups, development of reflection space, etc.)
- Develop and maintain non-profit partnerships for Federal Work-Study program utilizing federal funds, in collaboration with Financial Aid.
- Collaborate with Career Services to create internship opportunities and employment opportunities with community agencies.
- Participate on campus committees, as appropriate.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: June 19, 2014