At Dominican University, we understand that the education of business professionals in the healthcare field encompasses more than just a knowledge of business disciplines. As an MBA in Healthcare Management student, you will embark on a transformative journey, acquiring the essential skills, competencies, and perspectives required for making informed decisions, efficiently managing healthcare organizations, and becoming an effective leader within the dynamic healthcare landscape. Our program emphasizes the following unique aspects:
- Critical thinking and communication skills.
- Skills in leadership and interpersonal dynamics.
- The global impact of economic and cultural trends.
- Ability to integrate and inter-relate different business disciplines so they effectively function as a whole.
- A strong sense of ethical and social responsibility.
- Ability to lead change and innovation.
At Dominican University, we believe in providing real-world learning opportunities whenever possible. Our curriculum is designed to be relevant, integrated, flexible, and dynamic, ensuring that you acquire practical knowledge and skills that can be immediately applied in healthcare settings. Through internships, experiential learning projects, and partnerships with healthcare organizations, you will gain hands-on experience and develop a deep understanding of the complexities of the healthcare industry.
By immersing yourself in our engaging learning environment, you will graduate from Dominican University's MBA in Healthcare Management program well-prepared to excel as a leader in the healthcare field. You will possess the knowledge, skills, and ethical foundation needed to make a positive impact on healthcare organizations, patient care, and the well-being of individuals and communities.
Explore the MBA in Healthcare Management Program
Classes are held approximately every three weekends for a total of 18 weekends throughout the course of the year at Dominican University’s Rockland County campus. The College is central to the Hudson Valley region, including the Metro New York City area and New Jersey’s Bergen County.
If you’d like to visit the campus and meet the faculty, please choose from among our many visiting opportunities.
An MBA in Healthcare Management from Dominican University offers exceptional preparation for senior leadership positions across a diverse range of healthcare organizations. Our program equips you with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in various roles, including:
- Medical Director: As a medical director, you will oversee and coordinate medical services within a healthcare organization. With your MBA in Healthcare Management, you will possess the business acumen and leadership skills needed to effectively manage clinical operations, develop quality improvement initiatives, and align medical practices with organizational goals.
- Hospital or Nursing Home Administrator: In these crucial roles, you will be responsible for the overall management and administration of healthcare facilities. With your comprehensive understanding of healthcare management principles, you will lead strategic planning, ensure regulatory compliance, optimize operational efficiency, and foster a positive patient-centered environment.
- Pharmaceutical Product Manager: As a pharmaceutical product manager, you will play a pivotal role in bringing new medications and therapies to market. Your MBA in Healthcare Management will provide you with a solid foundation in marketing, strategic planning, and healthcare economics, enabling you to effectively launch and manage pharmaceutical products, develop pricing strategies, and analyze market trends.
- Finance Director: With your MBA in Healthcare Management, you will be equipped to oversee the financial operations of healthcare organizations. As a finance director, you will manage budgets, monitor financial performance, implement cost-saving initiatives, and ensure compliance with financial regulations.
- Medical Practice Manager: Medical practices require efficient management to deliver quality patient care. With your MBA in Healthcare Management, you will possess the skills to oversee the day-to-day operations of medical practices, including strategic planning, financial management, human resources, and regulatory compliance.
- Health Informatics Manager: Health informatics plays a critical role in managing and analyzing healthcare data to improve patient outcomes and operational efficiency. As a health informatics manager, your MBA in Healthcare Management will enable you to leverage data analytics, implement health information systems, ensure data security, and drive evidence-based decision-making.
- Healthcare Consultant: With your comprehensive understanding of healthcare management principles, you can pursue a successful career as a healthcare consultant. As a consultant, you will provide strategic guidance and expertise to healthcare organizations, helping them navigate industry challenges, optimize operations, and enhance patient care.
By earning an MBA in Healthcare Management from Dominican University, you will be well-prepared to assume leadership positions in the healthcare industry. Our program combines the essential business knowledge and specialized healthcare expertise necessary to make a positive impact in healthcare organizations, improve patient outcomes, and contribute to the advancement of the healthcare field.
The Medici Family Scholarship
Introducing the prestigious Medici Family Scholarship, a $3,000 per year award designed exclusively for outstanding incoming students in the MBA Healthcare Management program at Dominican University. To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must have achieved a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0. Don't miss this incredible opportunity to receive financial support as you pursue your MBA in Healthcare Management. Apply now and join the league of exceptional scholars at Dominican University.
Speak to us about applying to a Graduate Program at Dominican University today!
Contact us today for more information about applying to the MBA in Health Care Management program.
Assistant Director for Graduate Admissions