Academic Fieldwork Coordinator
Dominican University located in Rockland County, 20 miles north of New York City, invites applications for a dynamic full-time, 12-month Academic Fieldwork Coordinator position beginning July 2016. The Graduate Occupational Therapy Program is a non-traditional, Master’s Entry-level program that awards graduates a BS/MS degree. The program also includes a pathway for COTAs to become an OTR. Classes are conducted on-campus six weekends each trimester, approximately every 2-3 weekends, with frequent contact between the students and faculty via electronic methods in between the weekend classes.
LEVEL OF EDUCATION:
- Entry-level Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy, or Post-Professional Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy, or entry-level Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy and earned Master’s Degree in a related field, awarded by an institution accredited by a United States Department of Education (USDE) recognized national and/or regional accrediting body.
- An earned doctorate (Ph.D., Ed.D., OTD, or equivalent in a related field) awarded by an institution accredited by a United States Department of Education (USDE) recognized national and/or regional accrediting body. Must have an entry-level Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Certifications/Licensure: Certification as an occupational therapist by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy and eligibility for licensure in the state of New York. Must have state license by the start of employment.
- General Requirements: Knowledge of practice sites in the tri-state area and networks to procure additional resources; Excellent organizational and administrative skills including a track record of dependability, punctuality and meeting deadlines; Excellent oral and written communications skills; Knowledge of MS Office applications.
TYPE AND LENGTH OF EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years of full-time Occupational Therapy practice experience, including:
1) Clinical practice as an occupational therapist;
2) Two years of experience as a Fieldwork Clinical Educator within the previous five years (Level I, Level II, or both)
3) Scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, scholarship of teaching and learning); and
4) At least 2 years of experience as an adjunct faculty member in post-secondary education teaching in an area of clinical/content expertise is preferred
Dominican University is a community built on mutual respect and personal attention. Rooted in the Dominican heritage and the values of compassion and understanding, this culture is expressed daily through the interactions of students, faculty, staff and administrators as they embrace diversity and affirm the potential of the individual and foster a platform for student success.
Qualified candidates may forward letter of application, vita and three letters of reference to email@example.com Application deadline is open until filled.