- The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for administering all aspects of the planning, directing and implementing of a comprehensive annual giving program that reaches out to all of the University’s constituencies, including trustees, businesses, foundations, alumni, faculty and staff, parents, and friends of the University.
- Plans, manages and executes the University’s Annual Giving campaign including all aspects of the direct mail campaign, phonathons, and personal solicitation as required to secure unrestricted operating support from trustees, businesses, foundations, alumni, faculty and staff, parents, and friends.
- Cultivates and strengthens relationships with donors through personal visits as well as, when appropriate, secures appointments for the President, Chancellor, and Vice President for Advancement with donors.
- Develops all Annual Giving materials.
- Oversees the recording, acknowledgement and receipt of all annual gifts.
- Assists with the identification and recruitment of volunteer leadership for the Annual Giving campaign.
- Recruits, trains and manages phonathon workers, when appropriate.
- Plans and carries out all phonathon activities.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Alumni Relations and the Director of Special Events, on the Alumni Annual Giving campaign.
- Works closely with the Vice President and other Advancement staff on planning donor recognition, cultivation and stewardship events and activities.
- Prepares an annual plan of operation for annual giving with quantifiable goals and objectives; prepares and submits an annual report on the activities of the office and outcomes of the plan of operation.
- Assists the Advancement Office with special events and other activities related to fulfillment of departmental goals and objectives.
- Performs other responsibilities requested by supervisor of other University personnel.
- Creates and implements a comprehensive Senior Class Gift Campaign.
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing or Business. Minimum of 3 years experience managing and directing a comprehensive annual giving program, preferably in higher education.
Proven experience in telemarketing, direct mail, face to face and internet solicitation techniques.
Leadership skills to inspire confidence as well as motivate others. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to relate to a diverse clientele. Computer literacy plus a knowledge of related software applications, e.g. Raiser’s Edge
E-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Human Resources at (845) 359-2313.