Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements for admission as a degree seeking student (matriculating student) to a Graduate Program at Dominican University?

  • A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
  • Each Graduate Program has specific requirements, please visit the following link for more information:

What are the deadlines to apply to the graduate programs?

M.S. in Nursing (FNP), Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): Rolling

      Entry- Level Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT):
      • Rolling, see PTCAS for yearly deadline date

        Occupational Therapy (OT):
        March 31

          All Other Graduate Programs:

            Our Graduate Programs utilize a rolling admissions procedure in which applications are processed as they are received. To become a competitive applicant, prospective students are encouraged to apply and send the necessary documents to the Office of Graduate Admissions as soon as possible.

              Please note that applications will not be reviewed until they are complete.

                What is the application fee?

                  The application fee is $50. When submitting the online application you may pay your application fee by credit card at the end of the application process.

                    If you apply using a paper application you must pay your fee by check or money order. Please make your $50 check payable to Dominican University.

                      Where should I send my admissions documents?

                        You may send your application materials to us at:

                          Office of Graduate Admissions
                          Doyle Hall
                          Dominican University
                          470 Western Highway
                          Orangeburg, NY 10962

                            Are there any additional requirements if I am applying as an International Student?

                              Since Dominican University receives a number of applications from students around the world, we require our students to have their credentials evaluated for equivalency and authenticity. A degree obtained in another country outside of the US may be different compared to US standards. Since Dominican University does not accept foreign transcripts or certificates, unless otherwise noted, you must submit a foreign academic credential evaluation(s). This can be done through organizations such as: World Education Services (WES), Global Credential Evaluators (GCE), and Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). Evaluation agencies are third party providers and have their own policies and procedures.

                                In addition, scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (T.O.E.F.L.) must be submitted by all applicants from any non-English speaking countries, unless otherwise noted. Information and registration forms can be obtained from the T.O.E.F.L. Program, Educational Testing Service, Princeton, N.J. 08540 or visit the T.O.E.F.L. website for up-to-date information at:

                                  All official foreign academic credential evaluation(s) can be mailed to:

                                    Office of Graduate Admissions
                                    Doyle Hall
                                    Dominican University
                                    470 Western Highway
                                    Orangeburg, NY 10962

                                      How do I apply as a non-degree seeking student?

                                        To be admitted as a non-matriculated (non-degree-seeking) graduate student in order to take courses for teacher certification or personal enrichment, you must:
                                        1. Submit a completed application form with a $50 non-refundable application fee.
                                        2. Submit an official transcript indicating receipt of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
                                        3. Take a maximum of two (2) courses.

                                          Admission and enrollment as a non-matriculated student in no way implies admission to a degree program. Students wishing to change their status from non-matriculated to matriculated must reapply and meet all university and program requirements. Each program specifies the maximum number of credits from non-matriculated status that may be applied to a degree program.

                                            Janet Barron
                                            Assistant Director for Graduate Admissions