Dominican University invites applications for a tenure-track Occupational Therapy Program Director position beginning August 2014. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
Dominican’s O.T. program is offered in a twelve-month trimester-based weekend format, with class sessions scheduled approximately every third weekend. The program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
Qualifications: A minimum of 8 years of documented experience in the field of occupational therapy is required. This experience must include:
- Clinical practice as an occupational therapist;
- Administrative experience including, but not limited to, program planning, implementation, assessment and accreditation; personnel management; evaluation; and budgeting;
- Scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, scholarship of teaching and learning); and
- At least 3 years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the postsecondary level.
An earned doctorate (PhD, EdD, OTD, or equivalent in a related field) awarded by an institution that is accredited by a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education is required.
Certifications/Licensure: Certification as an occupational therapist by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy and eligibility for licensure in the state of New York are required.
- Direct Dominican University’s entry-level Master of Science in OT Program;
- Lead, direct, guide, mentor and evaluate the OT Department faculty and staff;
- Assist the Academic Deans with budget planning and problem-solving activities related to the program;
- Direct and conduct periodic self-study and annual OT program evaluations as required by ACOTE for accreditation;
- Work with appropriate administrators on recruitment, admissions, development, research, and public relations;
- Work with the Academic Dean’s Office on program development and stay current on all ongoing trends and changes within the Occupational Therapy profession;
- Teach and mentor students and faculty, and engage in scholarly endeavors and service as appropriate for the discipline and program.
Qualified candidates may forward letter of application, vita and three letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Open Until Filled.