Dominican University, in accordance with our mission, is committed to protecting the safety, health, and well-being of all students, employees, and members of our community. As a residential community with a significant number of individual students under the age of 21 residing on campus, we have an even stronger commitment to ensuring that our community is free of alcohol and illegal drugs. Recognizing that alcohol abuse and illegal drug use pose a threat to our educational mission, we have established policies and programs that balance our respect for the individual and concern for the community.
The Drug Free Schools and Campuses Act of 1989 requires an institution of higher education to certify that it has adopted and implemented a program to prevent the unlawful possession, use or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol by students and employees.
In compliance with the Drug Free Schools and Campuses Act, and as a part of our ongoing alcohol and drug prevention programs for students and employees, Dominican University annually distributes the following information:
- Standards of Conduct that clearly prohibit the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of alcohol and illicit drugs on its property or as a part of any of its activities;
- A description of applicable local, state or federal legal sanctions pertaining to the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol;
- A description of health risks associated with the use of illicit drugs and the abuse of alcohol;
- A description of available drug and alcohol counseling, treatment, rehabilitation, and re-entry programs; and
- A clear statement of the disciplinary sanctions that the University will impose on students and employees who violate the standards of conduct.
Dominican University conducts regular reviews of the Prevention & Education as well as Student and Employee conduct programs to determine its effectiveness, implement needed changes, and to ensure that disciplinary sanctions are consistently enforced.
- Student Handbook
- Employee Policy Manual
- Prevention and Education Services
For more information, please contact
- Christine M. Dilts, Assistant Dean for Student Development & Title IX Coordinator
- Eileen Piccininni, Prevention & Education Coordinator